The Regional Center for Metrological Support and Conformity Assessment of Nanotechnologies and Nanoproducts in Northwest Russia was established in 2008 under the federal target program Establishment of Nanotech Infrastructure in the Russian Federation within 2008-2010.
- Unit traceability support at the enterprises of the nanotechnology network in the region;
- Satisfaction of measuring needs of the enterprises of the nanotechnology network in the region.
- Conformity assessment of nanotechnologies and nanoproducts in the region;
- Information and technical support.
Northwest Russia is developing all the types of nanotechnologies. There are over 150 enterprises and organizations having some degree of relation to research, development, manufacture and distribution of nanoproducts, and promotion of some foreign nanoproducts as well.
Nanoindustry structure in the region
- 50% — nanomaterials,
- 21% — nanobioterchnologies,
- 16% — nanoelectronics,
- about 1 % — nanoengineering and nanotechnologies for safety systems,
- 11 % — promotion of foreign nanoproducts
Since 2010 the Regional Center has been providing nanotech enterprises and organizations with services in the fields of metrological support, standardization and conformity assessment.